if the notary accepts my birth certificate, things will be golden.
this is a Huge life lesson. don't blow things off. they will come back to you.
how did we do this to ourselves? i have a couple of answers to that. but blame is useless now, it is all about fixing things.
here's how it breaks down:
- get to the social security office to apply for a new card
- wait for the card (i don't know how long the wait is)
- get the card and go to the DMV for state ID
- or: go to the DMV with a rental car and get a liscense
- get state ID or a DL
- go to notary with new ID and SS card and sign the title duplicate app
- wait for the copy of the title (they told us 2 weeks to process)
- take ID and title to towing place and get the car back
now, when written out, it seems so simple. it's just the time it is going to take, at $30 a day to keep the car at the towing place.
maybe the notary will take my birth certificate and we can get the title now. then it's just two weeks wait.
then there is the insuring of it. you have to have a valid DL to get the car insured and it has to be insured in the title holder's name. doc's DL is still suspended and i had no plans on getting one. so getting it registered and insured is going to be another battle. i can get a DL, i think. i just can't drive because of my meds.
what the fuck?
it will all work itself out. now we're on the case. and i feel better for having written it out.